Did you know we make body care products? We do. You can visit our new line of products, here.
We use a variety of ingredients in Millwood Naturals and Organic Body Care
Handcrafted Organic Body care using Epsom Salts, Shea butter, essential oils, sugar, dead sea salt, bulk apothecary, fair trade and various other all-natural products and ingredients. These products are made to order through
- Epsom Salt
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Essential Oils
- Magnesium Sulfate
*We do not offer medical advice but below are some of the benefits of Magnesium and Epsom. The statements and products shown on this website have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Magnesium/Salt Baths are Great for the Following
- Stress relief
- Muscle aches
- Increasing insulin sensitivity
- Improving circulation
- Better nutrient absorption
- Headache relief
- Speeding up wound healing
- During illness, especially respiratory illness
- For children to help mineral absorption and improve sleep
- For acne, eczema or other skin problems
- For joint pain relief
- To help relieve poison ivy or skin reactions
- Improving skin hydration
BENEFITS OF EPSOM SALT:
- Helps the body relax to ease stress. By soaking in an Epsom salt bath, it helps the body absorb magnesium. This is very beneficial to help ease stress in the body’s muscles.
- Relieves pain and muscle cramps. The Epsom salt interferes with the receptors in the brain to relieve muscle pain.
- Relieves constipation. I had no idea this was used as a laxative. This is on the box: use 2-4 teaspoons dissolved in 8 oz of water. Who knew?
- Eliminates toxins from the body. helps remove toxins in the body by helping flush toxins from the skin.
Epsom Salt Uses: HEALTH
- Athlete’s foot: Soak feet in an Epsom salt bath to help relieve the symptoms of athlete’s foot.
- Remove splinters: Soak affected skin area in an Epsom salt bath to draw out the splinter.
- Treat toenail fungus: Soak your affected toes in hot water mixed with a handful of Epsom salt three times a day.
- Soothe sprains and bruises: Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath and soak to reduce the pain and swelling of sprains and bruises.
- Ease discomfort of gout: Ease the discomfort of gout and reduce inflammation by adding 2-3 teaspoons of Epsom salts into a basin and immersing the affected foot/joint. The water should be as hot as it is comfortable. Soak for about 30 minutes.
Epsom Salt Uses: BEAUTY
- Exfoliate dead skin: In the shower or bath, mix a handful of Epsom salt with a tablespoon of bath or olive oil and rub all over your wet skin to exfoliate and soften. Rinse thoroughly.
- Exfoliating face cleanser: To clean your face and exfoliate skin at the same time, mix a half-teaspoon of Epsom salt with your regular cleansing cream. Gently massage into skin and rinse with cold water.
- Dislodge blackheads: Add a teaspoon of Epsom salt and 3 drops of iodine into a half cup of boiling water. Apply this mixture to the blackheads with a cotton ball.
- Remove foot odor: Mix a half cup of Epsom salt in warm water and soak your feet for 10 minutes to remove bad odor, sooth achy feet, and soften rough skin.
- Remove hairspray: Combine 1 gallon of water, 1 cup of lemon juice, and 1 cup of Epsom salt. Cover the mixture and let set for 24 hours. The next day, pour the mixture into your dry hair and leave on for 20 minutes before shampooing as normal.
- Hair volumizer: Combine equal parts deep conditioner and Epsom salt and warm in a pan. Work the warm mixture through your hair and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Warning regarding Epsom Salt: ask a doctor if you have kidney disease, a magnesium restricted diet, stomach pain, or change in bowel habits.